Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

I love Easter time. It is a symbol of a new beginning or new life. The grass is green, the buds are showing on the trees and we get to be outside. I especially LOVED conference (where the leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints give direction and counsel to all the members). We had a busy weekend. We listened to conference on Saturday, had an Easter Egg hunt at grandmas, and had all the grandkids over for a movie that night, oh and we put the chairs to my NEW table together.:) On Sunday we found that the Easter Bunny had come and brought with him treats, we listened to conference, had a great dinner together and headed to grandparents to visit.
The start of the Easter Egg Hunt

Rolling the Easter Eggs. It is really cool for those of you who have never done this. You roll your egg as far as you can and when your egg breaks (explodes if you roll it fast) is how far your roll goes. Who ever is the furthest they are the winner.
Egg relay race with the adults--The girls had to carry the eggs on a plastics egg to the boys who had to grab the egg by their neck and run across the gym without dropping it. Trey and I are NOT great at this we lost. Better luck next time:}
These are the rolls that I made for Easter Dinner. Not bad for one of my first tries. They went along with a roast, potatoes, gravy, carrots and beans.
Happy Easter Everyone!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I thought we were the only ones who still did the egg roll down the hill. It is so fun.

And those rolls look so yummy!! The are perfect. My rolls don't ever look like that.

Miriam said...

Hey..I'm jealous :) My rolls don't look like that when I make them.

Annie said...

Good times with the Chatfields! You have a great family!