I LOVE Fairview Canyon. When I was a kid we would go up there with the Christofferson's. Spend a few days fishing and camping and then come home. So last Thursday I asked my dad to drive the trailer up so Trey and I could spend a few days up there. (Yes, I am getting soft and the comforts of a trailer are REALLY nice and camping as the mom is LOTS harder than I thought). So I drove up with my dad on Thursday and found a great spot just down from where we usually stay on Skyline. Then drove home to get everything else ready for us to leave on Friday. Friday we met Trey's mom and our two nephews at Fairview and then headed up the canyon. We got up there just before dark. The next day we fished one of the many lakes just down the hill from where we were. The fishing was slow because when we got there the boys couldn't wait for Trey to get the fishing poles ready and tried to catch the fish by hand. Everyone ended up wet and somehow we lost 1 of Johnny's shoes.. Deciding that that lake had no chance of a catch, headed to a pond that was stocked just the day before and it was down the other side of our camp spot. Kelton caught a fish there (the first we have gotten a pic of). We then headed back to camp to see grandma Julie off and to make dinner. We had dinner and then headed to bed. Everyone was exhausted and fell asleep quickly. The next morning we cleaned up camp and headed home in time to get back for church.
John fishing
It was beautiful there-God is definitely good at this
Trey fishing
Camp fire with s'mores
Kelton's fish
Beefy trying to get away from the flies--He kept thinking they would sting him
The boys impatient trying to catch fish with their hands-They did manage to catch 2 small fish-impressive if you ask me.
1 comment:
Looks like you have a lot of fun. Nothing is more relaxing than the mountains!
Post a Comment