Tuesday, March 1, 2011

FHE

**This is just so I remember**
Last night my parents came with Family Home Evening and Dessert. My kids loved listening to my dad give a short lesson on "wants" and "needs" and about tithing. I was surprised at Kelton & John because they both understood what was a "need" and what was a "want". Then today when I went to the store, John asked me if he could have a candy bar and I asked him if it was a need or a want and he knew it was a want-I have some seriously smart kids. Then my mom told stories about being nice to others even when they are mean to us. It reminded me of when I was a kid and would complain to her about someone being mean and how I was going to be mean back so they would see how it feels and she would tell me. "Be nice, maybe their mom died." (my mom always trying see a justification for they way people are:). Anyway, after we had orange juice, ice cream & strawberries. It was really great to have them over.

3 comments:

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Cute, cute parents you have. That's so fun that they would take the time to do that!! And your boys are REALLY smart. Hopefully they keep that lesson up!

Gardners said...

So true! I hate feeling angry/resentful/bitter, so it helps to imagine things like that about people when they are grumpy or do unimaginable things. We miss you!