10 months ago
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Run Forest, Run
Well, I did it. I started training for the Wasatch back relay. I was talked into it by my sister and & husband. Last summer my whole family, except Brad, Chad, Dad & me ran the Freedom Run in Provo. After ward they talked about how fun it was and what a great time they had together training and then asked everyone to sign up for the Ragnar Relay, Wasatch Back Race in June 2010. Of course we all signed up and now I am sweating bullets. Lacie has dropped out because she is pregnant. My mom has been elected to take her place. Chad had to pass the buck because of an injury. Jared's brother has taken his place. I have been running for about 2 weeks. The most I have gone is about 2 miles. I have a great group of ladies in my neighborhood that run. I'm talking 10+ miles a day. They are training for a marathon and so I thought it would be a great idea to run with them in the mornings. That way I don't have to drive to Alpine to run with everyone and I have some motivation to go each day. Long story short, I give them a call. We go running Friday morning for an 8 MILE run. I kept up until we reached the 3.5 mile mark and then I was dragging. They were so understanding and would graciously run ahead then make a loop and come back to get me. I hope they still let me run with them, but have to admit that I hope they do shorter runs, until I can keep up with them. All in all, I might just make it through the race, even though I may come in last and my body will most likely be aching like it is today:0 Thanks Shari, Marti, and Krista for a good dive into the deep end of an 8 MILE run!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Hey I will see you there! I am running the relay too. Just hoping I will survive and not completely disgrace my team!
yey for being motivated! now just rub some of that motivation off on me :)
I get winded DRIVING 8 miles! Good luck!
We were going to sign up for is too. I am excited you guys are doing it. If you ever need anyone to run with call me. I need a good running partner. I am trying to get ready for a half in June.
I'm doing the Ragnar Relay here in Phoenix on Friday!! I'm freaking out-- is the race really worth this much stress?? I hope so...that is if I don't die
Way to GO, Leslie! I've been flirting with the idea of giving running a good try. You've motivated me to make the call to my friend and get our first run scheduled on the calendar!
Leslie, I am signed up for that race too, I hope I don't die.
Post a Comment